[softwarelist] Re: OPro 2.76

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 14:14:57 +0000

In message <4e8f649604ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ray Favre <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

As my first posting said, I'm using !Printers 1.62 - the dpi is 300
for my LJ1110.
I have just tried it on Sprinter, which *does* print OK. So does this
mean it is a !Printers issue?

Yes. However as far as I know there is likely to be little difference between Sprinter and a standard RISC OS driver for the LJ. I'd be happy if you discovered some components from Turbo drivers are hanging around in !Printers 8-)

2) The second issue only arose when trying to solve the above by
saving out the graphics as drawfiles from the OPro version; deleting
them from the document; then dragging the drawfiles back in. When
dragged back in the pics both now appear at 70.55% (!) size rather
than their original 100%. Why?

It doesn't happen for me. If I take the Impression version of the manual, load it into Ovation Pro, the pictures have a scale of 100%. I save a picture to disc, delete the original, and then drag/drop back into the frame. I get a picture with a scale of 100%.

It's interesting that the scale is exactly 100% - presumably you tweeked the frame to match the picture size. We're looking at a couple of pictures of a two level menu tree (right?), interesting they are actually a few pixels different in size. They're also not huge sprites - the original theory was about Turbo drivers and lots of pixels - doesn't really add up for these images.

One snag you get with screen shots is "left hand wastage". At some point the decision was taken to not support it in RISC OS, however the SWI's which capture the screen memory kept on producing sprites with it. ISTR the latest version of my Snapper program gets rid of it.

I have used an Iyonix for these tests.