[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:32:57 +0000

In message <47D547E2.2080205@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes

I didn't know about UAC until MW pointed it out. Turning UAC off (and it took me a while to find it) cures the problem.

Yes, well done Martin.

I found the following web page which summarises the problems encountered with "World of Warcraft" due to writing to the programs folder and UAC. It is interesting if you want to know the technical details or how to get around the problem.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14650

You probably don't need to get around the problem because I will fix the applets that are going wrong (provisionally - Abbrev, FontList, Contents, Headings, Label).

I suspect I have triggered this problem - when Vista came out, Ovation Pro didn't claim to know about UAC, later versions do signal this and they will go wrong.