[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:16:09 +0000

In message <4f7d5869b5dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

In article <47D3BC14.1050004@xxxxxxxx>,
  Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snippy]

Mr P ... if you're planning some code changes to OPW to make it more
Vista friendly and would like me to test them out, I'll have the Vista
laptop for another 10 days or so, then I'm selling it on to a colleague
and moving to a MacBook (thereafter I'll run OPW under Windows XP
emulation).
My Vista run laptop is not going anywhere.  :-(

Thanks for the offers, I have a Vista machine, I will investigate.

My doubts about changing things were based on how typical Clive's Vista set up was. I have in the past (on RISC OS too) encountered people who write protected areas of disc.

There seem to be quite a few Vista users this is the first time I've heard of such problems - although it is typical for more problems to appear as more use is made of a new system.

I can sort these things out, it is only a bit of minor tinkering.