[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 18:06:35 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47D2BA97.2040203@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
My mistake - they are ... and I have copied across !Fonts.csc from one computer to the other

Well maybe. I suspect there is scope for two copies of that fonts file.

, so the font mappings should be the same on both.

The mappings being the same is only part of the problem, the installed fonts have to be the same on the two machines. Should be easy to check from ... - or the font menu in OPW as long as you notice that mapped fonts are shown in italics on that menu.

The fonts in the document are the same of course, but there are differences between Windows XP and Vista in the fonts provided in Windows>Fonts. Altho' I have transferred the !Fonts.csc file from the XP to the Vista machine, there are some minor differences between the two in terms of the mapped fonts that show up in the OPW font menu:

Corpus                both
Curator               both
de Gaulle            XP only
Homerton            both
Paladin                both
Pembroke            both
Sidney                both
SwissB                both
SymbolB              both
Times                  both
Times Bold           Vista only
Times Italic          Vista only
Trinity                 both

Even more curious ... I created a new document (separately) on each computer containing three Windows fonts applied as effects (Palatino Linotype, Vivaldi, Wide Latin). On the XP machine, Font List correctly reports:
Wide Latin
Times New Roman
Times New Roman Italic
Vivaldi Italic
Palatino Linotype
Times New Roman Bold

On the Vista machine, Font List gives the same list as with the previous document:
After.Johnston.Italic
After.Johnston.Bold.Italic
Technical.Bold.Oblique
Trinity.Medium
Plantin.Bold

Apart from Trinity, none of these fonts appears to exist in Windows>Fonts ... or, of course, in the OPW font menu.

Sorry to be a pest, but is there something I'm overlooking here?
--
C.B.