[softwarelist] Re: OPW - Font list, XP vs Vista (32-bit)

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:40:14 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <47D30ACD.7010606@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx> writes
Thanks. That's the answer ... some files (e.g. the Lists.txt file in the Applets folder) are write-protected, unless you are logged on in Vista as Administrator.

That is interesting. I wonder if I should change the code so this problem does not arise.

If I used OPW in my work environment (which I don't) I wouldn't be given administrator rights. Even at home, I tend to have my own named user account in order to keep my files separate from those of other family members. So, changing the code sounds like the best option. Like it or not, Vista, for all its faults, will gradually replace XP.
--
C.B.