[softwarelist] Re: More Stationery... Was Default Stationery

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 12:13:32 +0100

Hi,

In message <514b235b15dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
With regard to level 3 PS, not a subject I know much about... Aside from
knowing if you have the latest versions of some expensive Adobe software
installed, they will be PS3.

The thing about PostScript level 3 is that it supports transparency. If I had your problem, I would set up Ovation Pro for Windows to do direct PostScript (level 3), print to a PostScript printer driver, and then use GhostScript/gsview to convert it to PDF. This I expect would get me transparent images with no messing about.

There are free packaged up versions of this process - cutepdf?, because the above is a bit tedious to keep doing.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK