[softwarelist] Re: More Stationery... Was Default Stationery

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 07:28:49 +0100

In article <E918FBB5-D319-486E-AC72-C6DB09BB9405@xxxxxxxx>,
   Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 23 Aug 2010, at 22:05, Dave Symes wrote:

> > In article <RfxO+WJA+tcMFw4t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> >   David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >
> >> In message <514b750c11dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> >> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >
> >> I'll be getting a reputation for misleading you. The route I use does
> >> work.
> >
> >> Since I don't use CutePDF I can't be sure about that, in principle it
> >> should be able to achieve the same results I do.
> >
> > That said there are no configuration controls or even status window
> > that I can find with CutePDF, so if it doesn't do it here as
> > installed, I can't see how it could be change to do anything different.

> I can confirm that Cute PDF works with Direct PS selected, starting with
> an OPW document containing a GIF with transparency (turn off Direct PS
> and you get a blacked out image in the resulting PDF). If you like, I
> can send you the GIF file so that you can try it at your end.

> C.B.

I think a step back is needed.

Where exactly is this "Direct PS"  selected.
Apart from the OvPro Print dialog-CutePDF- Properties-Advanced-Postscript
options (Which are all on BTW   Only mirrored output is NO) I see no other
mention of Direct PS.

?

Dave

The settings are the same for PDFCreator, and the language level setting
is 3

--

Dave Triffid