[softwarelist] Re: Importing TIFFs into OPW

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 23:24:17 +0100

David Pilling wrote:

Interestingly, neither OvPro nor AW2 will import the TIFF files ("File could not be converted") altho' TranTiff+ is installed. They have to be converted to sprite files using DPIngScan, first.

That's interesting. After the last burst of upgrading the TIFF code, both RISC OS and Windows, DPScan and TransTIFF I would have expected all versions on all platforms to have the same capabilities.

I gave this another whirl. Same TIFF image (created in Photoshop CS2) as before, but saved without LZW compression, in 8bpp and at both 1200dpi and 600dpi. I dropped the 1200dpi (53Mb) and 600dpi (13Mb) files into OP and AW2 on my Iyonix (512Mb) and in VRPC-Adjust with memory set to the maximum 256Mb.

After complaining about unknown tags ... The 1200dpi/53Mb file will not load into either AW2 or OP on either system ("File could not be converted"). The 600dpi/13Mb file will load, but it takes quite a few seconds -- my impression is that it was significantly quicker with VRPC than on the Iyonix.
--
Clive Bonsall
C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx