[softwarelist] Re: GIF

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:26:15 +0000

In message <684039774f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

I've been idly following this thread, and thought I'd give it a go. I
have !TransFSI in !OvFilters in Boot.Resources, and any attempt to
import a gif into an OPro frame gives a "This file could not be
converted" error. The really odd bit is that the error box says it
comes from ArcFax, which I no longer have.

Two parts, this file could not be converted...

ISTR that TransFSI can be tuned to deal with various file types so it needs enabling for GIF, in addition ChangeFSI has to have been seen and has to be capable of handling GIFs.

Second, ArcFax...

There is a little executable that converts a command line program into a transloader, you'll find it inside !TransFSI. There is an error in the original version of that executable - it thinks it is ArcFax. You'll find a new 32 bit version on my web site that has the name changed.