[softwarelist] Re: GIF

  • From: Ian Wolfe <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:12:49 GMT

In message <dg89hdIGgywHFwGg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <d0dcbe764f.jwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Wolfe
> <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>Is there any way of importing a GIF into Ovation Pro? Or of converting
>>a GIF to a JPEG? TIA.

> On RISC OS, if you install  TransFSI which comes with OP then that should
> handle GIFs transparently - i.e. just drag and drop GIF into OP frame.

Oh dear; yet another chance to display my ignorance. I found TransFSI
in OP.Filters but how do I install it? (I have looked again in the
Manual).

I am most grateful to  you, David, and all the others for your
suggestions. For any who may be interested the story is:

For my wife's approaching 80th birthday, my daughter suggested a sort
of "This is Your Life" type of book. Yesterday, quite by chance I came
across a magazine page 52 years old, so of pretty poor quality, with a
picture of our African pupils leaving school with their books balanced
on their heads. I scanned it (on the PC) but didn't notice that it
saved as a GIF. (The pamphlet is no longer available for a rescan). It
displays on RO using FYEO. The only other programme which would look
at it is ImageFS. The file from this is really not usable in OP.

--
Ian Wolfe.
Linlithgow. Birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots.