[softwarelist] Re: GIF

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:13:23 +0000

In message <304f1f774f.jwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Wolfe <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Oh dear; yet another chance to display my ignorance. I found TransFSI
in OP.Filters but how do I install it? (I have looked again in the
Manual).

Just make it "visible", typically you put it in the same place as other things in that category like !Fonts.

If you only want to use it once, just double click it.

on their heads. I scanned it (on the PC) but didn't notice that it
saved as a GIF. (The pamphlet is no longer available for a rescan). It
displays on RO using FYEO. The only other programme which would look
at it is ImageFS. The file from this is really not usable in OP.

For one off use, which is what this sounds like, just use ImageFS or FYEO to save the graphic as a sprite.

If the image is grey scale, then going from GIF to JPEG is a reasonable thing to do. Both will use 8 bits per pixel. Assuming the software is capable of spotting an 8bpp grey scale GIF as such, which my scanning software is.
<hubris begets nemesis>