[softwarelist] Re: Embedding an object

  • From: David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 12:45:03 +0100

Hi Dave,

On 10/05/2019 07:04, Dave Symes wrote:

The embedded frame remains in exactly the same position...
I've noted the Y coordinates of the embedded frame, it does not change.

I see it all now.

If the embedded frame is the biggest thing in the line then it controls the line's position, and moving it relative to the line will have no effect (on the position of the embedded frame).

In that case use the controls that let you shift a line around, e.g. space before.

In my example I had more than one embedded frame in the line, and the frame I moved was the smallest (height) one.

The above is for vertical positioning, and although the frame does not move, the rest of the text in the line will.

For horizontal positioning, you've got more choice, for example inserting an arbitrary width horizontal shift in the line before the frame. Or tabs, or spaces.

--
David Pilling
www.davidpilling.com