[softwarelist] Re: OvPro / prelim page numbering
- From: Jim Nagel <opro130803@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 10 May 2019 13:12:46 +0100
Peter Newble wrote on 9 May:
1) Page numbering: The prelims of a book are conventionally numbered in
lower-case roman, starting from i, and the body of the book in arabic,
starting from 1. ...
Pet peeve. I gave up that convention long ago, totally 'zasperated by
printed page numbers being different from internal page numbers and having
to calculate before saying "go to page X". All my books now start at page
1 and end at page N -- no messing around with roman numberals.
Jim Nagel www.archivemag.co.uk
"From" address is genuine but will change. Website has current one.
To unsubscribe or subscribe goto: //www.freelists.org/list/davidpilling
Other related posts:
- » [softwarelist] Re: OvPro / prelim page numbering - Jim Nagel