Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa, the highest-ranking intelligence official ever
to defect from the Soviet Bloc, served as acting chief of communist
Romania's espionage service and top adviser to President Nicolae Ceausescu.
The highest-ranking Soviet bloc intelligence official ever to defect to the
West, Lt. Gen. Ion Mihai Pacepa is at it again. Today, still living
undercover in the United States, the man credited by the CIA as the only
person in the Western world who single-handedly demolished an entire enemy
espionage service--the one he himself managed--takes aim at an even bigger
target: the exotic, widely misunderstood but still astonishingly
influential realm of the Russian-born "science" of disinformation.Indeed,
within these pages, Pacepa, along with his co-author, historian and law
professor Ronald Rychlak, expose some of the most consequential yet largely
unknown disinformation campaigns of our lifetime.
Discover answers to many crucial questions of the modern era:
- Why, during the last two generations, has so much of the Western world
turned against its founding faith, Christianity?
- Why have radical Islam, jihad and terrorism burst aflame after a long
period of apparent quiescence?
- Why is naked Marxism increasingly manifesting in America and its NATO
- What really happened to Russia after the Berlin Wall came down?
Like the solution to a giant jigsaw puzzle lacking one crucial piece,
Disinformation authoritatively provides the missing dimension that makes
the chaos of the modern world finally understandable. By its very nature, a
disinformation campaign can work only if the seemingly independent Western
press accepts intentionally fabricated lies and presents them to the public
as truth. Thus, Pacepa and Rychlak also document how the U.S. "mainstream
media's" enduring sympathy for all things liberal-left has made it
vulnerable to--indeed, the prime carrier of--civilization-transforming
campaigns of lying, defamation and historical revisionism that turn reality
on its head.
- How destroying the reputation of good leaders has been developed into
a high art and science.
- How Pope Pius XII --a generation ago the world's most high-profile
Christian leader, who personally saved countless Jews from Hitler's
Holocaust--was transformed, through the magic of disinformation, into a
- How Christianity and Judaism have been targeted for constant
denigration and defamation through an ongoing campaign of disinformation.
- How the Soviet bloc planted 4,000 agents of influence in the Islamic
world, armed with hundreds of thousands of copies of the most infamous
anti-Semitic book in history, to fan the flames of ancient Arab resentments
against the U.S. and Israel and sow the seeds of anti-Semitism that would
later bloom in the form of violence and terror toward Jews and Christians.
- How the defamatory attacks on American soldiers John Kerry made before
Congress upon his return from Vietnam--charges later discredited and
repudiated--were identical to a contemporaneous KGB disinformation campaign
concocted to turn Americans against their own leaders.
- How supposedly respectable institutions like the World Council of
Churches have long been infiltrated and controlled by Russian intelligence.
- How much of the world came to believe that the U.S. government itself
masterminded the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- How the Soviet Union has been transformed into the first intelligence
dictatorship in history.
- How disinformation is still very much alive in the age of Obama,
remaining a powerful engine in the ongoing socialist transformation of
All this and much more is meticulously documented in Disinformation, with
the credibility of an eyewitness who was not only there, but actively
involved as a Soviet bloc spy chief--who, thanks to a crisis of conscience,
"left the dark side" and came to America to help shine a light on the
greatest source of political evil of the modern age.
Excerpts posted to: