[cryptome] Re: Cell Phone Investigations: Your GPS Location via Android

  • From: doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:41:15 +0000

As Blondie used to sing, "One Way...or Another"...:-).

If you got the time, it is well worth reading the document. There are some real howlers in there too, made me laugh, I didn't know Google was an operating system, and the it looks like the author has only ever used Apple, Microsoft doesn't get a look in, or Firefox for that matter, and one gets the feeling that he has never heard of Linux or Ubuntu, still, it is only a draft, but for all that, I thought it was very very good...and very easy to read.

On 09/11/2015 15:29, Shelley wrote:

On November 9, 2015 7:15:46 AM Redmond <darkredptc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Appears my account has it disabled. While it's no guarantee that Google
still isn't tracking me its nice to know it will take more than the two
clicks to track me.

I don't have any google accounts. All my android devices are rooted and gutted of all google apps/ google anything. No play store, no google services framework or partner setup or backup. Not even maps (I use an open source 3rd party app with restricted permissions.)

This is no guarantee that I'm not being tracked in aggregate despite my best efforts, but I'm not going to make it easy for them.

-Shelley