[cryptome] Re: Cell Phone Investigations: Your GPS Location via Android

  • From: Shelley <shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 07:51:09 -0800

On November 9, 2015 7:41:37 AM doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As Blondie used to sing, "One Way...or Another"...:-).

Oh, yes - of that much, I am sure :) I'm also aware that my devices may attract unwanted attention because they stick out in the herd. Six of one, half a dozen of another...

If you got the time, it is well worth reading the document. There are
some real howlers in there too, made me laugh, I didn't know Google was
an operating system, and the it looks like the author has only ever used
Apple, Microsoft doesn't get a look in, or Firefox for that matter, and
one gets the feeling that he has never heard of Linux or Ubuntu, still,
it is only a draft, but for all that, I thought it was very very
good...and very easy to read.

Thanks, I do plan to give it a look. I also appreciate your commentary on the differences in surveillance practices on our respective sides of the pond. (With the feds doing their sneaky parallel construction here, it may not be much different after all!)

-Shelley