[cryptome] Re: Cell Phone Investigations: Your GPS Location via Android

  • From: Shelley <shelley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 07:29:37 -0800

On November 9, 2015 7:15:46 AM Redmond <darkredptc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Appears my account has it disabled. While it's no guarantee that Google
still isn't tracking me its nice to know it will take more than the two
clicks to track me.

I don't have any google accounts. All my android devices are rooted and gutted of all google apps/ google anything. No play store, no google services framework or partner setup or backup. Not even maps (I use an open source 3rd party app with restricted permissions.)

This is no guarantee that I'm not being tracked in aggregate despite my best efforts, but I'm not going to make it easy for them.

-Shelley