[cryptome] Re: Cell Phone Investigations: Your GPS Location via Android

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 15:47:51 +0000

hmm interesing find, will have a gander later and see if, even with location disabled google has a gps history related to my device, ( the first thing iI did when purchasing my android device was to, where possible disable all tracking features )

ATB
Shaun
On 09/11/2015 15:12, doug wrote:

Most Android users are unaware there is passively collected historical GPS capability built into the operating system. From the interface above or it can be accessed at the website
https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

Quite amazing...I had forgotten all those places and locations I had visited recently. Try it out from your mobile phone, your tablet and your computer...:-).

ATB
Dougie
.