[CTS] Re: dell laptop reload question

  • From: "David Bruce Jr." <davidbrucejr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:50:25 -0500

thanks Hal

it won't boot into XP

I get a registry file error
something about not loading the hive
it loops into a memory dump

cant get past that screen

it looks like I can get what ever I loose in the format
here:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/devices.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&SystemID=LAT_PNT_P3C_C600&os=WNT5&osl=EN#

I'm afraid though... what if I boot to 98 boot disk and loose the CD rom.

I've never worked on a laptop before, will 98 boot disk give me access to
the CD rom?

thanks
David

----- Original Message ----- From: Hal