[CTS] Re: dell laptop reload question

  • From: CRAZYDOVE@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:01:51 EST

Hal..my first laptop is a Dell..and when I started doing explorations into
it..I found that in Explorer, most of the system files were hidden.  I had to
and still have to check to make sure they aren't hidden, such as when I do a
search for a file..I have to make sure it checks hidden files.  I guess Dell
sets
it up thinking we're all newbies when we get our laptops..or sumthin'.  LOL
                                                  Jackie

In a message dated 12/29/2005 7:41:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hdbrown@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I've never seen a 'hidden' folder on a Dell. You do not have to format the HD
before installing Win XP. It will be formated during the installation.
Strongly suggest you format it using NTFS.