[CTS] dell laptop reload question

  • From: "David Bruce Jr." <davidbrucejr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:50:44 -0500

Hi guys, long time no post.

Merry Christmas to all.

I think this is my first post since moving out of my Dad's apartment.

I've been given a dell laptop, it has XP on it, no recovery disk.

The copy of XP crashed, I think I need to reload windows... I only have a upgrade copy so I'd have to put win98 on it first...

My question is this- do dell's have a hidden folder on thier hard drives, if I format the disk, will I be hatein' life?

Can I redownload what ever is lost from dell?

It's a Dell Latitude, originally came w/ win2000

thanks

David Bruce Jr.
Frederick MD
www.effortlessconfidence.com