[CTS] Re: Removing vidoe card drivers..

  • From: Hal Brown <hdbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:04:02 -0400

I wouldn't advise removing *any drivers until I had the new card installed.
Just remove the old card, install the new card and reboot. Install the new
card drivers When Windows finds the card.

You don't actually see drivers anyway; you see the devices they work with. If
you want to see the old card after you install the new one do this.

You have to be admiistrator. From the Control Panel open System Properties. Go
to the Advanced tab. Under Startup and Recovery open Enviornmental Variables
and in the top pane click New. In the resulting dialog box type
DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES. Give it value of 1. Close everything.

Now, when you open Device Manager click on View/Show Hidden Devices and it
will show all devices, even ones that have been removed. Then you simply
right click the old card and uninstall it.

Hal

--
Hal Brown
~~