[CTS] Re: Removing vidoe card drivers..

  • From: Cuffy <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:53:23 -0700

Control Panel/System/Device Manager/Display .......... go through the drill from there.

Video drivers can be fun. Remove the driver in use by your card.
Install the MS default VGA drivers from Windows
Install the new card.
Reboot
There should be some very specific instructions for the new card and the shortest way home is to follow them to the letter.

Kim Miller wrote:

I have a Compaq Presario model 7110US with the original 64MB SDR nVIDIA GeForce2 MX with TV-Out AGP graphic card the AGP slot. I want to get a new video card for it & I know I have to remove the old video card drivers first.

The problem is that the video card drivers DO NOT appear under the ADD/REMOVE programs list in Windows XP. So how does one remove the old video card drivers if they are not listed?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm