[CTS] Re: Cable Tidy

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:37:25 -0700

Charles R. Buchanan wrote:

You have to take in account that besides you and Joe, no one else here
was there when you two used these things on the first Model T! <ducking> :-)

Never worked on a Model "T" but did have to install some plug wires on a Model "A".
The original wires from the magneto to the plugs was a flat strip about a quarter inch wide, probably copper but I'm not sure.
It was not included when we got the car and new parts for cars like that were impossible to find.
A little Yankee ingenuity and the wire leads off some electrical dynamite caps that the old man stored in an old Bull Durham sack stuck up over the stable door and we had the old Ford up and running in nothing flat. Not much cabling required in those days !
When you get bored some day look up how to bundle cables using that old wax cord that Russ is talking about.......... you'll rapidly develop an appreciation for zip ties !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm