[CTS] Re: Cable Tidy

  • From: cuffy10 <cuffy10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:06:33 -0700

Russ Blakeman wrote:

From time to time you can find it listed on ebay too alomg with the P38
can openers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6545244113&category=135&s
sPageName=WDVW&rd=1

The P38's are easier to locate though.

The P-38's have been made by every dog and his brother since the originals came out.
I have one on my key ring that's over 50 yrs old and another one ratholed in case this one wears out ! They are made of a high grade of stainless and very difficlt to sharpen.
A few years ago some canning company included one of the knockoffs under the paper wrapping on canned sardines. The sardines were inedible and you could fold the P-38 in half with your fingers. It was good to open one can !
I'll defy you to bend the one I have in my pocket with your bare hands.

Quality has been on the wane since about 1950 so we really can't expect much anymore.

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm