[citw150] Re: CITW L6 Q6

  • From: Zach Parsons <parsonz2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 13:35:16 -0700 (PDT)

yes, this game is very difficult.  From the list of characters it kind of
reminded me of Diablo.  It is very hard to remember all of the keys needed to
play the game.

Malynnda Littky <mslittky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: I learned about Telnet by visiting
the Telnet entry at Wikipedia at

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TELNET. Telnet allows remote connections to a
server. Telnet lacks a good security protocol and shouldn't be used in
situations where security is important.Telnet can be used to send commands to
servers, for IRC, or to play games.

  I played a game called Nethack using a Java based Telnet applet at

  http://alt.org/nethack/jta/. The game was based on a game I used to play
called Rogue. In both games, players go through multiple levels on a quest for
an amulet while fighting monsters and collecting gold. Once I logged in and
created a character, the game began. My character and other creatures in the
game were represented by symbols and I used the keyboard to move. I found that
playing the game  through Telnet was difficult, because I didn't know the
commands very well. Also, the graphics are not as good as I have become used
to. I think it's good that networking has evolved to supersede Telnet as a
client-server protocol.

  Malynnda

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds...

- Ralph Waldo Emerson