[citw150] CITW L6 Q6

  • From: Mallory Blair <themalpal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Listserv <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:53:09 -0700 (PDT)

Telnet is a way to comunicate between two computers that share the same
network.  It can send data, change passwords ect.  However it doesnt seem very
safe. Someone on the same network can easily recieve the information sent, like
passwords, and use it. Nothing is encripted-making info vaunerable as well.
Its widely available and still used today, for somethings like broadcasting the
2006 world cup.

  I found this info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnet#Protocol_details

  I am trying out the RPG one...Materia Magica

  I had some problems at first- So i tried updating my java, and Wha-La!  Its
kind of funny how this is set up.  Lots of questions and comands ect.  There is
a map made of keyboard charcter and the introduction tells you which commands
do what..like how to move ect... This game seems pretty in deapth ....