[citw150] Re: CITW L6 Q6

  • From: Sara Finney <finney_sara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 01:49:54 -0700 (PDT)

I also encountered some problems at first. I agree that it doesnt seem at all
safe, a site of that size should have some kind of password protocol.

Mallory Blair <themalpal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Telnet is a way to comunicate
between two computers that share the same network.  It can send data, change
passwords ect.  However it doesnt seem very safe. Someone on the same network
can easily recieve the information sent, like passwords, and use it. Nothing is
encripted-making info vaunerable as well.  Its widely available and still used
today, for somethings like broadcasting the 2006 world cup.

  I found this info at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telnet#Protocol_details

  I am trying out the RPG one...Materia Magica

  I had some problems at first- So i tried updating my java, and Wha-La!  Its
kind of funny how this is set up.  Lots of questions and comands ect.  There is
a map made of keyboard charcter and the introduction tells you which commands
do what..like how to move ect... This game seems pretty in deapth ....