[citw150] Re: CITW L6 Q6

  • From: Chris Evolution <cmrichards124@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:58:01 -0800 (PST)

I agree that it is a lot different.  Typing commands instead of using a
controller or joystick I think is a little harder, but it doesn't have the
limitations that a joystick or controller has.  There are endless commands you
can have by typing.  Also without the graphics you use your imagination which
again can lead to endless possibilities.  I personally enjoy the graphics and
today's typical games, but I think that I still can enjoy games using telnet.

Tania Rodriguez <mstaniarodz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    I learned about telnet's uses
by visiting http://www.helpquest.com/support/tutorials/telnet.shtml.  While
visiting this website I realized that the telnet sites lacked using graphics
I'm used to seeing on webpages and instead of using your mouse and clicking on
certain options, you use command scripts.  Just by reading this information, I
felt overhelmed because it was quite confusing.  I visited
http://www.materiamagica.com/start/index.php to practice using telnet.  Indeed
I was very confused while practicing on this website.  It looked very
interesting but there's a lot of reading and you had to read fast to keep up.
After about less than an hour after going through the tutorial and playing the
game, it became more and more easier to follow.  This was a very interesting
game and very different from the "typical" games with lots of graphics I'm used
to seeing.  It was neat just typing in commands for direction of your
 movement, and using your combat actions just by typing in an action rather
than using a joystick or by clicking buttons.

  Tania Rodriguez
  mstaniarodz@xxxxxxxxx

  "Better be wise by the misfortunes of others than by your own." -- Aesop
(620-560BC) Legendary Greek Fabulist