[chaoscope] Re: new guy - James

  • From: KatiaKittn@xxxxxxx
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:25:16 EST

Hey! welcome to the party ^ .^

a followup on a responce to your question:

> 1.  How can I make my own gradients?  Documentation makes a note that
> its compatible with some older fractal program... I don't have this
> program.  In the future could it make/save gradients similar to
> photoshop?  As an artist I would like to work with specific palettes

i have at least three different programs for making the .map file 'scope
uses, and link to all of them are in the Resource section of the journal at
http://chaoscopers.deviantart.com/

the first one, makemap, uses a grid system to allow you to choose up to 256
random colors, to blend, and some more mathmatical ways of doing so.
Apomap, which is the third link, uses levles of red/blue/green manipulated by
lines (rather fun)
and the Flnt map is a sorta combination of both, which i havn't played with
much

have fun ^ .^
~Kaze