[chaoscope] new guy - James

  • From: James Kimball <jamesstudiogallery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:40:29 -0600

Hi all,

I just joined the mailing list because I stumbled onto a link for
Chaosope and its just the program I've wanted for so many years dating
back to the old Amiga computer days when I was learning 3D.  Wow, I'm
having so much fun and seeing so many applications for it in my own
art.

Some questions or feature requests if they can't be answered...

1.  How can I make my own gradients?  Documentation makes a note that
its compatible with some older fractal program... I don't have this
program.  In the future could it make/save gradients similar to
photoshop?  As an artist I would like to work with specific palettes.

2.  Can it do depth shading?  (the lines further back being darker)

3.  Can it output an alpha channel?  (It seems I can render a gas pass
(quite unlike pass gas), and use that as a way to cut an alpha but its
a PITA.

4.  Is there any hope for animation?  a.  key frame the camera (or
object) to fly through/around/etc.  b. change the attractor variables
over time.  c.  cycle the palette through the object (while also doing
animations a and b of course. :-) )  I was an interface designer for a
number of years (Play Inc) and might be able to offer some help.

These days I'm the surfacing and lighting guy at a 3D animation
company, and I do my own art and photography on the side.  My use for
Chaoscope will be blending 3D and photography with these very cool 3D
swooshes and "volumes" of Chaoscope.

I look forward to spending more time with this software and trying out
these ideas I'm brewing... I look forward to your responses too as
they will help me to manifest these ideas into reality.

Hats off to the programmers for creating something so fun and useful.
Thank you.

James

eMail: JamesStudioGallery@xxxxxxxxx
Web:  www.JamesStudioGallery.com