[chaoscope] Re: A dream comes true

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:28:22 +0100

Hi Peter, hello all,

Thanks for your post Peter and congratulations again for your hard work!

We've worked closely for the past three months on an experimental version of Chaoscope which lets the user export a points cloud ready to be transformed to 3D mesh. The version itself is very slow, unstable and riddled with bugs. It is not ready for a public release yet. Furthermore, a lot of experience and manual work is required to get from a points set to a "printable" mesh. We're very far from being able to sculpt a strange attractor straight out of Chaoscope just from the press of a button. This is all to the credit of Peter.

Alan, out of the four attractors Peter is showing, one of them is an Unravel. Guess which one! (hint: the other three are Icons :) The problem with IFS is they're rarely made of one single chunk, but I suppose some IFS attractors could be good candidates for prototyping.

Ante, version 0.4 will include the export feature as well as the transformation that makes attractors easier to prototype. I don't intend to distribute the current experimental version as it would surely become a user support nightmare.

Norman, I guess you eventually figured out who Alan was and why you received his email. :-) If you want to see these attractors on Chaoscope I guess Peter can upload the project files to his web site so they're available to everyone.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Desprez