[chaoscope] Re: A dream comes true

  • From: "Peter Jansen" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:53:14 +0200

Hallo All,

My goal in this quest is to stay as close as possible to the supreme renderings
of chaoscope
in solid mode, those surfaces don't have thickness. So real live objects have
to have thickness.
I like them to have a thickness as thin as possible and that you can have it in
your hands withour damaging the object.
By the very delicate process of vacuum casting a min thickness is related to
the overal size of the object,
If the object is much more bigger one need to make also the thickness greater.
If the surface is to thin
related to the overal size the chance that the liquid bronze will solidify
before filling the whole form becomes
a great risk.  On the website that I am setting up I will make a page of this
process.
Another reason is the cost aspect.

So in fact there are no real limitations for size, "just" many practical and
technical problems that can be solved.....

Peter.