[cad-linux] Re: .dxf or .dwg?

  • From: Alvin Oga <alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

hi ya

if i was picking ... i'd (blindly) choose *.dwg ... as the master input
file fmt

if i was writing the code .... the internal db will be my own
extensible format ... read in any format .. and output in any format
        - did that methodology for cae ( edif, tegas, verilog, blah,
        blah... hundreds of um and tens terabytes of data for cpu
        simulations abnd probably hundreds of teraquads by now

if you pick the "foo format as the standard" .. you're stuck with its
restrictions ... if your db is customized for it and NOT extensible
to add other functions, features, fields that is needed by the other
formats

and its NOT much extra work ...

c ya
alvin