[bristol-birds] Re: Kirtland's Warbler

  • From: "Marion Finucane" <marion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:06:51 -0400

It's true that this isn't the breeding area for the Kirtland..however, I
gotta stick to my guns as far as saying it would be preferable to not
interfere with this bird's communications. I do appreciate this list which
allows active birders like Dick Peake
to inform more sedentary types like me about interesting species.
I'm also happy to be able to express my father's opinion here. He was also a
respected birder. He could identify ~ 200 birds (that I know of) by their
songs and he learned this through field work - not with recordings - which
adds up to a lot of field work...So, I wanted to share his thoughts with you
on this subject-just something to think about...

Respectfully yours, Marion Finucane