[bookshare-discuss] Re: banned books on bookshare

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:21:55 -0400

That's a very good book. I had no idea it was challenged. It's amazing! I think I've read it four or five times. ----- Original Message ----- From: "susan l. gerhart" <slger123@xxxxxxxxx>

To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 1:02 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: banned books on bookshare

Hi, all. I've considered Grapes of wrath, Rushdie, Paytton Place, and your
other suggestions. I have learned that  september is banned books month and
note that the ALA is the authority on challenges.

I think I will do A wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'engle. I've wanted to read
it after a WAMU Diane Rehm reader choice a while back.  Like many other
challenged books, its controversy  may be educational, too.
Thanks.

susan