[bookshare-discuss] Re: banned books on bookshare

  • From: "Elfqueen" <elfqueen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 19:24:24 -0400

Well, it isn't. That's the whole point. But didn't you hear the whole ridiculous debate when the books first came out and through a good deal of the writing of the series? I'm sure it still exists, but it's not so much of an issue now. Since the terms witchcraft and wizardry are used, and other such things, like the class names (divination, etc.) it was assumed by a certain group of people that these things were being used in their true forms. We never bothered to find out whether it was true or not. My parents gave me permission to read the books when I was about thirteen or fourteen. I didn't take them up on it till I was seventeen (not quite a year ago), and even now that I've tried to dispell the myths at least for my own family, my mom gets upset every time i bring it up. (This probably has something to do with fear and partly something to do with the fact that she's aware that I do it just to drive her crazy sometimes. What can I say?) ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>