[bookshare-discuss] Re: banned books on bookshare

  • From: Shannon <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 23:06:16 -0500

Nicole,
Can I ask you a question? Please don't take this as me being patronizing, or trying to rail at you about stuff you already know about. Because that's not my intent.

But I am really curious about how you managed to read other non-Harry Potter fantasy books. I mean, a large majority of them do involve magic in some ways, and it seems like quite a few of them even use witchcraft. I'm just curious about your thought processes at the time that would make, say, LOTR OK but HP not so much.

And again, I really do want to know, so I hope you won't think I was attacking you.

Shannon

At 06:15 PM 6/19/2008, Elfqueen wrote:
Who won that one? I used to be among those who thought Harry Potter was dangerous and should not be read, especially by children. Then I read them. And really laughed at myself, then got down to enjoying the series very much.