[bookshare-discuss] about to scan

  • From: "Nicki Keck" <favorite.blend@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:49:39 -0400

HI all,

I notice there is not any Terri Blackstock on the site, and so, since I have
some here in print, I want to do what I can to remedy this, for all of you
out there into Christian fiction.  I am planning to scan the Newpoint 911
series, starting with "Private Justice."  This is my first scan for
bookshare; however, this is not the first book I have ever scanned.  I read
what I need to do, as well as got some tips from Julie, and I have OpenBook,
and I must say that other books I have scanned in the past have been good
scans, so hopefully, this will turn out the same way.  Wish me luck, and I
will send a synopsis of the first book when I have finished the scan and
submitted it.

I hope all will enjoy.

And by the way, speaking of "The postcard" by Beverly Lewis, if no one can
come up with a fresh copy to rescan, I do have it here and may probably be
able to submit a fresh copy.  I tried scanning this book in the past, and it
scanned just fine for me, with few scanning errors, but I don't have what I
scanned as I don't save all that unless like now submitting to bookshare.
If you all want, I will ask my husband to get it out for me and will scan
that next before the rest of the Terri Blackstock I was planning on
scanning.

Nicki