[bookshare-discuss] Notice - releasing The Postcard - by Beverly Lewis back to Step 1

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 11:48:10 -0600

Thanks to you folks on your replies about the book The Postcard.
And especially, a hearty congratulations and my compliments on finding the
Dickenson quote.  That was neat to get.  I knew you could do it!  <g>

But as I worked on the book, I found there were really just too many
scanning errors, to where I felt like I could not edit with any certainty.
I would personally not like to try and read this book in the collection when
significant text would be sacrificed.

 I got to feeling it would just be better to just get a copy and scan it all
over using better OCR settings or whatever and not accept this level of
errors before submitting.

I did substantial stuff like page numbers and found a few chapter headings
on the file, but I am going to go ahead and release the book.  If someone
wants my RTF copy to continue what I did so far, maybe that could be
something I could send up, to at least not have to do that all over again.
But then, I'm not sure if that iw within acceptable policy or not.  Maybe
someone on the list can say for sure.

But I am going to go ahead and release the book back to Step 1.

I did get hooked in enough to know it is a book I would like to read.  Lewis
seems to have a real knack for storytelling.

Thanks.
I'll hope to finish the next book I try to validate.
This is my first release.
Kind of like fishing, huh?  Catch and release.
Live on, Kilgore Trout!  <g>
(any Vonnegut fans on the list?)

Rik