[bookshare-discuss] Re: about to scan

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 00:12:33 -0400

You're right about the engine update, but the should part is theoretical. (smile) I didn't notice any difference in quality between the versions. I have one version on my dad's machine and the other on my personal one. I get the same types of scans and scannos with both. The only difference that I noticed was the integration with Word in the latest version, and that's a cool feature.

At Sunday 6/18/2006 08:30 PM, you wrote:
Hi Monica,
If memory serves me correctly, the 7.02 update upgraded the FineReader engine to 7.0, so there should be at least some improvement.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>