[bookshare-discuss] Re: about to scan

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:26:54 -0400

Hmm. Any chance that you've got a scanning boundary set in your options from scanning something small? They should all be at 0.0 to scan the whole bed of the scanner. Failing that, is it possible that your scanning mode is in orientation only mode? I've never seen Openbook behave like that. I've been dealing with other strange behavior from OB, but this one is one I haven't seen before. Does your scanner seem to go down the page like normal? Maybe Merv can see if the light goes all the way down the page.

Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com

At Sunday 6/18/2006 06:10 PM, you wrote:
Hi Monica,

I love Christian fiction too, and you're right, so much of it is hard to
find in accessible formats.

I had planned all along in submitting it in rtf format.  However, now I am
having a weird issue with OpenBook and I don't know what is causing it.  I
am updating to the latest version, which I thought I had already done, in
hopes that whatever jinks is going on would be fixed.  However, any
suggestions are welcome.  It seems like only the first line on any given
page is being scanned and corrected.  I don't understand this one at all.
Has anyone run into this sort of thing before?  I sure haven't, and in the
past, it has all worked fine for me.

Nicki www.nicksmix.net check out my show on ACB Radio Interactive on monday from 23-01 GMT.

Monica