[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT. Oldtime Radio site free for blind individuals

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:22:37 -0700

Hi.  The problem with this is low quality.  I personally no longer download
mp3 shows at all because they are poor quality.  Four-track cassettes would
be even worse.  Besides they require a special player and most of them that
I've used don't have good speakers.  Instead, I suggest buying shows on
CD.  I can recommend two very good dealers for this.  Tell them that I sent
you.  I will also soon be selling OTR.  I will post the link when the site
is ready, so stay tuned.  The domain is goldenradio.net but there is
nothing there yet.  I will be concentrating on selling on DVD.  While DVD
will be more expensive, you will get about 12 shows at a time while still
fully preserving high quality and fidelity.  Anyway, here are two great
dealers if you want to buy on CD.

http://www.audio-classics.com/
http://radioarchives.org/

And here is one more site, streaming OTR only:

http://www.yesterdayusa.com/