[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT. Oldtime Radio site free for blind individuals

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 23:51:45 -0700

Hi.  Naturally, you are going to be limited by cassettes in terms of
quality.  I will say that even cassettes are generally much better quality
than mp3 though.  You should try listening to OTR on CD.  It really sounds
amazing if it has been restored with care.  If you want to send me your
mailing address off list, I can send you a couple of restored CDs for your
comparison.  Also, the closer they are to first generation, the better.  It
amazes me that people would throw away such good quality by the high
compression used for mp3.