[bookshare-discuss] Re: OT. Oldtime Radio site free for blind individuals

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 23:52:52 -0700

Hi.  Thanks for saying this.  Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who
realizes how bad mp3 quality really is.  Also, I agree with you that mp3 is
great for many shows in a small space.  I am not saying that all mp3
collectors are evil or bad.  I am just saying that the quality will be much
worse with mp3 because so much of the sound is being thrown away needlessly.

Also, I will be selling shows on DVD soon, once I get my site
together.  The advantage is that you will still have outstanding quality
while having many shows on one DVD.  You will be able to put it in your DVD
player and listen to about 12 30 minute episodes at a time if you wish.  I
admit that 12 shows is less than 60, but you will get the advantage also
that they will not be mp3 files so will have the full fidelity of what you
would get on audio CD.  I will post a general announcement here when I have
my site up, but it should only be a few months.  The DVD sets will be more
expensive than mp3 CDs, but I will offer CD samplers and will price the
DVDs at a reasonable amount for what will be on them.  Stay tuned!