[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "Brian Miller" <brian-r-miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:30:52 -0400

All,

I have just submitted for validation the following:

Fallen, by David Maine, 2005;
The preservationist, by David Maine, 2004; and,
The Book of Sampson, by David Maine, 2006.

These are three amazing novels based on the biblical stories of Adam and
Eve, Noah, and of course, Sampson, respectively.  Maine is a terrific
writer, and he brings a sense of time and place that few authors who take on
these familiar stories have.  Maine really grapples with the ideas and
beliefs and the complexities of human beings trying to figure out the big
questions in complicated times.  The novels can be a bit gritty and dark at
times, but they are still true to the Biblical accounts without being
evangelical in tone.

I hope someone picks up these terrific novels soon.

If someone could forward my message on to the Volunteers list, that would be
great -- I seem to have lost the address from my address book.

Thanks,
Brian Miller