[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "Julie & Miss Mercy" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:40:05 -0400

I just submitted THE UPSIDE OF DOWN: Finding   HOPE When   It   HURTS by
JOSEPH  M. STOWELL. True to form, I've also read this one completely through
and all chapter headings should already be protected. It should be an easy
validation if you're interested in this kind of thing. The book jacket info
is below:
Have you ever found yourself caught on a roller-coaster ride that you
weren't standing in line for? If so, you'll appreciate the way that author
Joe Stowell reminds you of the important truths you need to know that will
help you hold on with certainty and stay on board, even in the ups, downs,
and wild curves of pain and suffering.
The difference between a roller-coaster ride and trouble is clear. If we
want to ride a roller coaster, we stand in line, eagerly waiting to enjoy
the thrill; but trouble comes to us all, whether it takes the form of the
death of a loved one, an illness, the untimely loss of a job, or the sudden
break-up of a marriage. It's a "ride" that we would rather avoid, and none
of us eagerly stands in line for it.
In The Upside of Down, Dr. Stowell presents tribulation as God's tool to
prepare Christians for His use. Citing numerous passages of Scripture and
the personal experiences of Christians who have suffered, Stowell explains
that ordeals will come, but we can respond productively in the midst of
trouble if we remember that there is an ultimate purpose behind our
suffering and that the "end of the ride is God's responsibility."
Julie Morales
Email and Windows Live/Windows Messenger:
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm a sales rep for Avon, All Mixed Up Gourmet and Scentsational Delights.
Contact me for more info.