[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "Julie Morales" <inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:35:57 -0700

Hi, all. I thought I'd have this done a few nights ago, but I read it cover to
cover, and it's as close to perfect as I can get it. *smile* Kurzweil's ranked
spelling gave it a rating of 99.66 percent accuracy, but that's with a lot of
Irish and southern dialect thrown into the mix. It's a great book and will be
an easy validation, especially if you like Janette Oke:
A Bride for Donnigan by Janette Oke submitted as an RTF. From the book jacket:
Responding to an Advertisement, She Crossed an Ocean to Meet a Total Stranger
and Became a Mail-Order Bride....

Kathleen O'Malley stood on the deck of the Baireth Lily and watched the land
she'd called home for more than a dozen years slip from her view. She had
thought she would be glad to see the last of it, but she was not. Emotions in
turmoil, her whole being yearned to slip from the ship and return to what she
knew. Even though Kathleen had not been happy with her situation, it was all
she had ever known. As the shoreline faded into the morning mist, her only
certainty was that she was bound for America to marry a man whose name she did
not even know and whose face she had never seen.

On the other side of the Atlantic, Donnigan Harrison anxiously awaits
Kathleen's arrival on a prairie farm far from her port of arrival in Boston. He
has known the wonder of a dream fulfilled-a snug frame cabin, the sturdy log
barn and outbuildings, a fine herd of livestock, and crops in the field that
made his eyes sparkle. Yet Donnigan felt a loneliness on the western frontier
that pierced his very soul. With so limited opportunities for finding a wife,
the notion of ordering a wife that once seemed unthinkable had come to make
some sense. Now that the time has come, Donnigan feels like a small boy waiting
for Christmas.

But Donnigan's anticipation is overshadowed with terrifying uncertainties-What
have I done! And that question is echoed in Kathleen's heart as she nears the
point of no return.

Have fun, happy reading, and take care! *smile*

Julie Morales
inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx