[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 17:27:22 -0500

Hi, all.

I have just submitted Time Is a River, which is the latest novel by Mary Alice
Monroe, to the step one list. Page breaks and chapter headings have been
protected. Headers have been stripped, and common scannos cleaned up. If you
have any questions, contact:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here is the synopsis.

Recovering from breast cancer and reeling from her husband's infidelity, Mia
Landan flees her Charleston home to heal in the mountains near Asheville, North
Carolina. She seeks refuge in a neglected fishing cabin belonging to her
fly-fishing instructor, Belle Carson.

Belle recently inherited the cabin, which once belonged to a grandmother she
never knew -- the legendary fly fisher and journalist of the 1920s, Kate
Watkins,
whose life fell into ruins after she was accused of murdering her lover. Her
fortune lost in the stock market crash and her reputation destroyed, Kate
slipped into seclusion in the remote cabin. After her death the fishing cabin
remained locked and abandoned for decades. Little does Belle know that by
opening the cabin doors to Mia for a summer's sanctuary, she will open again
the scandal that plagued Belle's family for generations.

From her first step inside the dusty cabin, Mia is fascinated by the traces of
Kate's mysterious story left behind in the eccentric furnishings of the cabin.
And though Belle, ashamed of the tabloid scandal that tortured her mother,
warnsMia not to stir the mud, Mia is compelled to find out more about
Kate...especially
when she discovers Kate's journal.

The inspiring words of the remarkable woman echo across the years. Mia has been
learning to fly-fish, and Kate's wise words comparing life to a river resonate
deeply. She begins a quest to uncover the truth behind the lies. As she
searches newspaper archives and listens to the colorful memories of the local
small-town
residents, the story of a proud, fiercely independent woman emerges. Mia feels
a strange kinship with the woman who, like her, suffered fears, betrayal,
the death of loved ones, and a fall from grace -- yet found strength,
compassion and, ultimately, forgiveness in her isolation. A story timeless in
its
appeal emerges, with a power that reopens old wounds, but also brings a
transforming healing for Mia, for Kate's descendants, and for all those in Mia's
new community.

Shannon
I am only one; but still I am one. I can not do everything, but I can do
something. And, because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the
something I can do.
Everet Edward Hale