[bookshare-discuss] Re: Animal Book Recommendations

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:57:25 -0400

Ah, shucks Lou, smile.

Actually bookshare is definitely a love of mine behind of course Guide Dogs
for the Blind, smile, and I am glad that I can contribute my time and
resources to building the collection.  Plus of course getting some great
books in return.

Rick, may we hope the poor girl comes back home in better shape than in the
movie, smile.

But honestly It was the first time I read that book being an eighties child
born in 1981 and so I am discovering the Black Stallion and Lassie for the
first time.  I grew up thinking she was a television and movie star, and now
I am discovering that Lassie was a book and of course the Old Time Radio
star too.

But the book was awesome, and I hope it makes it to bookshare soon.  As I
really enjoyed it.  Pity he died the way he did the author Eric Knight, as
his style is so fresh and fluid.  But he was doing something that he felt he
had to do, defend our country.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council